The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a shot of my five gallon. It used to be a small Hex, but I wanted more stability, so switched over to the five! I have several CRS shrimp, a couple of cherries, and orange, and five Ember tetras! I also have yellow rabbit snails! With small daily water changes, it has been doing quite well! I also got a new LED bulb from Walmart, that is just lovely! If you get one, be sure to get the nondimmable daylight bulb, not the soft white, or it will make yellow light! They only cost around eight dollars! It makes 60 watts of light over the center, and the high light plants are planted there! I am really happy with this small tank! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a pic, but they sell them at Walmart, with the regular light bulbs, and they run around 8 dollars! Just be sure to get a nondimable one with daylight, because the soft white dimmable, is kind of yellow! I bought a clamp light, and put one in it, (It makes 60 watts) and I like the way it is darker to the sides! You could always get two of them. The bulb is round, and shaped a lot like a regular light bulb! I love it! Not much heat at all!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update! I finally got my hands on some Celestial Pearl Danios! For now, they are living in this tank, with the ember tetras! Probably will move the embers to the 75 when they fill out, and are no longer bite sized! Doing 50 percent water changes every other day! Everyone is doing great!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, the camera doesn't adjust to show how much light hits the rest of the tank, but to be on the safe side, I planted all the low light plants to the side, and higher light to the center under the light! It is a higher output LED than the other bulb, so it should be sufficient!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.