The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently setting up a 5.5 gallon tank that will be my first attempt to an actual "scape" so to speak. I am using ADA amazonia 2 soil, 2 decent sized pieces of petrified wood, 2x9w 6,700k CF bulbs. To much light? Also plan on using the zoomed 501 for the filtration system. I am wanting to keep this tank somewhat low tech without the use of co2 unless it is really needed. Using excel and some other ferts would not be a problem. So my question on fissidens geppi is, is this generally a low tech plant? Is there any necessities it needs? Can it be placed on the aquasoil and grow as my main carpet or does it have to be on a rock/driftwood? My plan is to just plant it on mesh squares and kind of fit them together like if you were laying sod. Then maybe put some mini pellia on the "cliffs" of the petrified wood. I also have some eleocharis parvula I could use as a background plant to kind of offset the carpet.

Kind of like cheng siu wai style, but on a much smaller less badass scale lol. Let me know if this sounds good or if i'm dreaming lol

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Obviously a 5G can't be compared to that picture.

I hear fissiden is pretty easy to grow and you may hate it after awhile since they grow like weeds. The lights should be ok. Just keep an eye out for algae.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me! And the lighting should be fine. I'm using 27w over my 2.5g, and there's no CO2. Of course, I'm keeping it 8 inches above the top, but still.

Can't wait to see some pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts