The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,322 Posts
It's possible to grow fissidens in low light. I have a piece of fissidens-covered driftwood in a critter keeper on my windowsill. Since the seasons are changing, the window has been getting less light. However, the fissidens still continues to grow. It's growing slowly, but it's still growing nonetheless.

· Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's possible to grow fissidens in low light. I have a piece of fissidens-covered driftwood in a critter keeper on my windowsill. Since the seasons are changing, the window has been getting less light. However, the fissidens still continues to grow. It's growing slowly, but it's still growing nonetheless.
I also have fissidens in my low light tank. It's spreading nicely, but very slowly. It did start out as a strand about a 10th of an inch long though, loosing placed into a crevice of a piece of driftwood. I'm surprised it took off at all.
Any pics guys?

· Registered
3,322 Posts
Any pics guys?
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Usually the container is next to my windowsill. I just moved it to take a better pic. Lots of duckweed growing on top.

Fissidens growing with some moss and some thread algae.

I started out with only 1 or 2 strands. Took a while to grow, but if you use more, you could probably have better coverage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.