The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dipped some fissidens Fontanus about a month and a half ago and its turned completely brown. I'd like to say the tips are green but I'm not sure. I will post pics tonight but I assume this isn't a good sign. I used potassium permanganate for 45 minutes.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
How much potassium permanganate did you use? I've used it to dip mosses for over an hour and they did fine. Did the fissidens turn brown right after the dip or did it take a month and a half for it to turn brown? It could be your growing conditions.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Squirt? Did you use the powder or one of those liquid sludge destroyers?
Liquid ones. The water clear thing you can buy at walmart.

Say it ain't so.... ;(
:( Idex I'm ashamed of myself. The neos are doing great tho, one is berried but lost one due to a hydra infestation.

Took a pic and it looks like the actual stems are green but the leaves area all brown. There are green sprouts coming off the ends tho... Could they be alive?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I don't know the concentration of potassium permanganate in those bottled liquid sludge destroyers. You might have used too much. However, the fissidens looks okay. A bit brown but it looks like it's recovering.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you see green there is is hope. It will just take patience and good growing conditions for it to recover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts