The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im in south/central jersey and want to take a trip to either fishtown in ramsey, or that fish store in lancaster PA, both are about 1.5-2 hours away. Has anyone been to both? And does anyone know the prices/selection of shrimps at either of the stores?

·
Registered
684 Posts
For the most part, Fish town will charge you maybe $5+ per shrimp are there any shrimps you are trying to look for in particular?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ha ha I used to work at Fishtown in 6th grade. Is Mr. Fish Jr still around? They used to have the best plants way back when.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the most part, Fish town will charge you maybe $5+ per shrimp are there any shrimps you are trying to look for in particular?
Looking for crystal reds or blacks. I have a healthy red cherry shrimp population, may get some more for some genetic diversity

·
Registered
349 Posts
A few options.
1.) Pets Plus in Delran (on route 130) posted they had some CBS but I ahvent been over to see them. If you are on Facebook, find their page and "like" it and you'll get stock updates every week or two. The fish room manager there is a quality guy...He also goes to the Lawrenceville store 1-2 days/week.

2.) There is the North Jersey Aquarium Society auction this Sunday 4/6 in Lyndhurst, NJ - about an hour or so up the road from you. They may or may not have RCS or CBS. If they have RCS, you're not allowed to bid against me!!!

3.) I'm in lower Bucks county not to far from Hidden Reef and Fish Factory but they almost never have any shrimp. I just got RCS a few months ago. I'm impressed with their quality but what do I know...I may be able to trade some with you in a short time as I now have babies and juvies roaming around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few options.
1.) Pets Plus in Delran (on route 130) posted they had some CBS but I ahvent been over to see them. If you are on Facebook, find their page and "like" it and you'll get stock updates every week or two. The fish room manager there is a quality guy...He also goes to the Lawrenceville store 1-2 days/week.

2.) There is the North Jersey Aquarium Society auction this Sunday 4/6 in Lyndhurst, NJ - about an hour or so up the road from you. They may or may not have RCS or CBS. If they have RCS, you're not allowed to bid against me!!!

3.) I'm in lower Bucks county not to far from Hidden Reef and Fish Factory but they almost never have any shrimp. I just got RCS a few months ago. I'm impressed with their quality but what do I know...I may be able to trade some with you in a short time as I now have babies and juvies roaming around.
I know the guy from pets plus, they have a few black crystal shrimp, but last i went he wanted 15$ for each :(. I found a local breeder here though so i may not need to make the trip to either places. I would love to visit a fish auction, i heard there was one in freehold recently. Maybe if theres another closer to me ill check it out. Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ok, that sucks. He used to have a store in Nanuet as well. That's probably gone too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
I use Absolutely Fish in Clifton. If you're in South Jersey, it may be closer for you. They have always had really healthy fish there, and are having a big sale until Sunday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts