The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relatively new to the fishless cycling. I was old school in the past and cycled with fish. My fishless cycling went awesome with my 55 but now I am struggling with my 35 pentagon. It's been 3 weeks flooded and my nitrites have been sky high for about a week and a half. How much longer do y'all think it will take? ammonia is 0 nitrites are about 5.0 nitrates are starting to rise and are about 5. Temp is 80, pH 8.2 I have hornwart and hygro for plants right now. Will add more plants as soon as I get some better lighting. It's an odd shape so I am struggling to find a suitable light fixture. Planning to do dalmatian mollies. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the same problem...one of the guys at my local fish store sold me Microbelift Nite Out. I added two capfulls a day and did a 40% water change every other day..on the 3rd day and second water change my water tested 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites & 10ppm nitrates. I finished off the bottle of Nite out switching to one capful a day. I also purchased a significant amount of plants (7 assorted new plants). The day everything tested good....I purchased 6 Black Phantom Tetras.....going on two weeks and water has been perfect...I am dosing Seachem Stability every other day. My tank was cycled in 14days.

Bump: Correction.....my tank was "cycled" in 17days, forgot to add on the 3 days after dosing with Nite Out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!! That is good news. I was also thinking of adding some seeded filter floss from one of my 55's filters to jump start it. I did a 25% WC today. Will test again tomorrow after adding the filter media.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.