The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my female corys and female pseudomugil both have large bellies. They are all very active and dont have pine coning scales or popping eyes. But their big bellies are a concern.
I do feed them twice a day with microworms or sometimes with flakes and bug bites. This seems to mostly be issue with females but O dont see breeding behaviour or eggs, although I did find a rainbow fry today.
Water parameters are amminia, nitrite = 0, nitrate=20. I also usually do a 30-40% water change twice a week.

For now, I am treating my tank with aquarium salt, api pimafix and melafix and won't be feeding them the next 2 days. Please let me know if anyway I can treat them. Unfortunately I don't have access to antibiotics due to government ban on them. Attached pics, thanks for the help in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
I can't say for sure about the others, but the female cory seems fine to me. She is just waiting to spawn. If you have a decent mix of male/female cory and you want to induce a spawning event, do a partial water change and mix some ice cubes in to chill the water a bit. Another thing that sets mine off are big storm fronts moving in. They can sense the barometric changes. In nature they spawn at the beginning of the rainy season, so the temperature change and/or the pressure change will induce them to spawn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts