The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Otos yes. I have 2 in my tank
Plant Green Terrestrial plant Organism Aquatic plant

I'm trying Threadfin Rainbows in my RCS tank. They have tiny mouths.

I will also be adding CPDs temporarily till their tank is ready. I have over 100 Cherries and the tank has lots of cover.

Micro Rasboras like Merah are supposedly ok.

Some people are trying Corydoras Hastatus. But they may eat shrimplets.

Scarlet Badis are tiny and cute and you think they'd be ok, but they are a micro predator and love tiny shrimplets.

All Tetras love shrimp AFAIK.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've been keeping cherries with C. hastatus and it seems to be working out okay, if only because cories (at least the dwarf kinds) are terrible at finding anything remotely moving.

I kept ember tetras (~0.5") with the shrimps also for a couple of days thinking they'd be okay with tiny fish... nope. The shrimplets will be hunted down. At this point I really don't trust any fish (other than cories/otos/maybe pleco) if you're aiming to maximize breeding. Won't bother the adults though.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My harlequin rasboras decimated 3 full loads of shrimplets... those got booted out. I've successfully kept pigmy cories with my RCS now and they are breeding like nuts. I try keep the cories pretty well fed and have a decent amount of groundcover and havent ever seen them chasing down any babies... they seem quite content just sleeping in my moss piles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.