The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there really no fish that can't go with shrimp? any fish really will eat shrimps if given the chance? Does the tank in my sig provide enough cover that my population of shrimps would be safe until they were big enough to not get eaten? I saw phoenix rasboras and those look super tiny would they eat them? My tank is just starting to look kinda lifeless without something swimming around all the time so i think fish would make it really look better. Thanks

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Looks like you already have some otos in there. Small fish will only eat the babies and not the adults, so you should be fine putting some in there, although you really couldn't fit many into a 10G anyway since you already have some bioload in there.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Some fish never seem to consider how tasty a shrimp would be for dinner, but honestly, virtually all fish will eat whatever they can fit into their mouths, and baby shrimp are very small. Otos are a big exception and many fish don't seem to be terribly interested in trying them out (pygmy cories, for instance). Heck, I'm sure that there are people out there with highly aggressive and predatory species who have individual fish that never bother shrimp.

In general though, fish eat shrimp.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have Endler's (about a million, they breed FAST) and RCS together without too much of a problem. Some of the babies get eaten, but I still see plenty of juvie shrimp hiding out in the plants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.