The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to this forum and want to know if my 3 inch chinese algae eaters or my zebra danios will harm them? Should I separate them from the other fish? I've seen shrimp and other fish coexist in other tanks.

Have a 15 gallon tank.

FYI the chinese algae eaters are eating all my plants? Any other advice.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
The danio might be ok but the chinese algae will probably eat the shrimps.. The algae eater is also aggressive and is not suitable in a small tank.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i'm blaming my 2 SAE's for my lack of RCS breeding. they are aggressive and certainly big enough at 3 inches, by far the biggest non pleco in my tank.
arent chinese algea eaters worthless for algea control in a planted tank? i dont know if they would be as likely to eat shrimp as SAE'S.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Chinese "algae" eaters are belligerent and not suitable for 15 gallon aquariums. I call them Chinese "poop factories" instead because they don't really eat much algae unless it's an algae wafer and they poop a lot as a result. Exchange them for Otocinclus and you will have a much more efficient algae eater that is more appropriate to your tank size and will not bother your shrimp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts