The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what a good fish would be that wouldn't attack adult Red cherry shrimp but will eat the babies and keep the population in check? Also this fish would need to be otherwise peaceful to coexist with the rest of the my community (only cardinal tetras and otos so far). thanks!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have rasboras and guppies and they swim along the baby shrimps and eat with them, instead they chase the baby guppies.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had cardinals in with my RCS to try and control a scud infestation (fail) and they became voracious baby shrimp hunters. When I moved them out of the tank it took a while for them to accept dried food. Now no fish in the shrimp tank and population has exploded. I give them away. In answer to the question, I think any tetra type fish that is adult sized will do the job.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
CPD
Do't know for sure if they will eat the babies. But I think they are too small to mess
with the adults.
I would suggest you use caution/w any Tetra's as they may even get to eating the adults when they molt. They are related to Peronha.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha okay i guess I can give them away too. I just heard that rcs will breed like crazy and I didn't want to always keep managing that..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts