The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a rubberlip pleco laying on its back one morning last week when I woke up and I noticed he was still breathing but his belly was huge....noticed he had what appeared to be a piece of poo stuck (lol) so I gave his belly a gentle squeeze and propped him up within my java furn and so that his mouth was on the driftwood. Fish was fine the next morning....mind blown. I've /never/ had a fish survive a swollen belly like that. Share your other resurrecting fish stories. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I used to own a swordtail who would jump out of the smallest gap in the tank lid. We'd find him completely dry, after spending hours on carpet, wash him off in the sink and put him back in the tank and he'd live to do it again a week or two later.

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
I used to own a swordfish who would jump out of the smallest gap in the tank lid. We'd find him completely dry, after spending hours on carpet, wash him off in the sink and put him back in the tank and he'd live to do it again a week or two later.
A swordfish? What? Like a cod? How?

Anyway, I used to have a blue crayfish, which is what got me into aquariums about a year ago, and it jumped three times before it finally dried up under my bed... Sad. Also, I've had amanos jump, dry out, put em back in, and they swim right off like little bullets! And also, endlers. I have had endlers that jumped and I stepped on one thinking something was in my carpet, and then felt it squirming in between my toes. I put it back in, and it survived a good while until I sold him.

Also, a week ago, I was cleaning my room, which doesn't happen often, and I found a dead Amano dried up and crumbling under my bed. That's just gross. It's been there since I had one go missing in march! Ewwwwww

·
Registered
584 Posts
I did a water change late one night. I was tired and not paying as much attention as I should have. My male betta got sucked into the larger rigid tube portion of the gravel vacuum. I did not notice this until the next morning when I realized the Betta wasn't in the tank. After a frantic search on the floor I noticed him still in the gravel vacuum tube. I assumed he was a goner and pitched him in the trash...when I saw movement...cue jaw hitting floor. Flopped him back into his tank and he lived another 2 years. The tube still had some residual water droplets in it which kept it very humid in there, and of course Bettas have labyrinth organs, but still pretty incredible.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I found a dead Amano dried up and crumbling under my bed. That's just gross. It's been there since I had one go missing in march!
I'm surprised that they don't grow mold/fungi/whatever. Mine just curl and crisp up like the ones we use for cooking:

NOT my shrimps. But they look almost like it when I find them on the carpet.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
A bit over a week ago I had an Amano shrimp fall around 6.5 feet when I was transporting him, and then bounce off the tank light fixtures and fall another 4 feet or so. Imagine my surprise when I went to net him and he jumped several inches into the air. He's doing well now.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I had a cory jump out of a net and behind a giant oak bookshelf... By the time we moved it we realized that there was stuff piled up behind the shelf... We searched for an hour before we gave up... We cleaned the kitchen and ate lunch, about 2 hours later we came back up to find the body. We found it, and imagine my surprise when he flopped around in my hand. I put him back in the tank. He is doing real well.... It's been 5 months now..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i siphon my water through a water pump attached to a hose that attaches to pvc and drains to my front yard. One day i walked away while doing a water change and the sponge filter i keep on the pump came off. So i didn't think much of it because i saw my tetras in the tank at a glance. when i'm filling up the tank i noticed that one was missing. i check every part of the tank (a 125g at the time) and didn't find him. when i went out to cap the end pipe of the pvc on my lawn i saw the little one surviving in the smallest of puddles, lol. so not only did he not get chopped up by the pump blades but also he survived a pvc ride and luckily landed on a puddle about the amount of water i can fit in one hand cupped, lol.

·
Registered
637 Posts
One of my white cloud minnows went missing, but I didn't think much of it, since one of them will often be hiding in the plants. Later that day or the next I still hadn't seen her, so I was looking around the tank for crispy fishes, and found that she had jumped out of the tank and landed in a bucket of treated water left over from a water change that was sitting next to the tank. Lucky fish!

Another time I noticed one missing and decided to look for him right away, and I found him behind the tank, still alive, so I popped him back in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.