The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im starting a heavy planted tank soon, and i wanna buy a fish tank preferbably a 55. I cant find any good quality tanks in the market. Im trying to stay away from aqueon. The reviews are terrible having a 55 gallon on my floor right now is the last thing i wanna see. I dont mind dropping 1k for the aquarium. I dont want kits. I checked waterbox and they only have 65+ and they comes with kits and etc. any suggestion? Like i said money is not an issue but i dont wanna go over 1k. I already have the filter and lights for a 55. Just need a good quality aquarium.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you are looking at a 55, id suggest the step up to a 75 gallon if possible. The extra 6 inches front to back gives so many more aquascaping options.
They are both 48 inches long, so lighting and your filtration should still be good for the 75.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have UNS and Waterbox tanks - they're both very nice, but the UNS are impossible to get right now, especially the ones in the range you're looking for. My wife got a 3620 from Waterbox earlier this year and didn't have to get the stand. It might be worth contacting them to see if their website is just forcing you to get a stand by mistake. Maybe they changed it on purpose but it's worth asking. They're very nice tanks that ship out quickly.

·
Registered
494 Posts
glasscages and customaquariums are also options at your price point; though the difference in cost for the aqueon ($50) vs one of these other options ($250) should be taken into account. glasscages is actually not that bad for smaller tanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts