The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a medium planted tank that I have been slowly adding fish to. I have 10 cardinal tetras, 2 platys, 4 otocinclus and 4 small bristlenose plecos. I'd like to add a few "fun\different" fish or inverts. What suggestions do you have for a centerpiece fish or some cool non-fish that I could add? I've considered African dwarf frogs or red cherry shrimp or a larger interesting fish to finish off my tank, but am looking for suggestions. Thoughts?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Just FYI- You'll most likely need to rehome some of those BNPs once they grow, down to either one or possibly two if you end up with a mated pair out of your four. IME they'll get increasingly territorial as they start hitting full growth.

I think a pair of South American dwarf cichlids would be a nice "centerpiece" and go well with your other fish.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Male guppies would cool for top side, all the different strains are good to collect. siamise are nice and you can teach them tricks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you were to rehome at least 2 BNP's you could do a second school of something on the smaller side. A Bolivian ram could be a nice centerpiece with the cardinals. I would also get more cardinals! you've got room for them. For inverts I like the size of amano shrimp. They are active and fun to watch, while also help with some algae control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts