The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
i currently have a 10g moderately planted with java fern, c. wendtii, v. spiralis and a. nana. It also houses roughly 10-12 ghost shrimp that i use as feeders and often restock. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions towards which fish could be a good addition ?
The tank has 2.8 wpg and i dose with Flourish and Excel if that plays a factor, although i have never lost a shrimp.

On a side note, my vals were in pretty rough shape until i started using Excel, to my surprise considering multiple posts about them melting due to it. They have greened up and grown very quickly since. Although i dose about 50% recommended dosage.

But i would like a fish in this tank, so any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated as always.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check the sticky ;)
I have, and theres quite a few on there. However i apologize i shouldve specified.
I would like members personal opinions on the fish they have in their nano tanks. Temperment / personality kinda thing. Im basically looking not for which fish "can" live in there but which fish do other members recommend from their experiences.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, if I were you, I would put some dwarf puffers in there. I keep a male and female couple in a heavily planted 5.5 growout with a bunch of breeding ghost shrimp and lots of snails, and it's fun to watch them hunt the baby shrimp and the other assorted invertibrates in the aquarium. They're interesting little fish and each has its own unique personality. Plus, if you supply them with plenty of shrimp babies and snails to eat, you practically don't have to worry about feeding them.

Otherwise, I have kept and enjoyed bumblebee gobies (acclimated to fresh water, of course,) micro rasbora species, neon and cardinal tetras, guppies, and other livebearer species. All of these fish are interesting, and would do well in that setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.