The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I had bought 6 angel fish a col of weeks ago and they just didn't see happy in my tank. I thought they had ick so treated them for that but still not happy. So I gave them to a friend who raises angels hopefully they will be happy there. So now I want to replace them but not sure with what. I have a 40 gallong bow front with plants no hood. I have two panda. Corys two dwarf gurhamies 9 cardnal tetras. Im looking for something a little larger than I have now

·
Banned
201 Posts
Whatever floats your boat really =D. Really depends what you like. I do not think it's up to us to give you suggestions lol. Tell us what you like!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like rams but I'm afrade they are too diffacult. I like conga tetras but I've been told they like a longer tank. I like rainbow fish the colorful ones but I'm afraid my tank is too small. I don't like live bearing fish.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryan they only have one :-( he felt that because my cardinal tetra are doing so well I should think about rams. I'm going to bring some water in for him to test. I hope my fav salesman is there ;-)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Platys are great and come in countless colors, not to be confused with swordtails or mollies which are often kept with them in pet stores.

Swordtails and mollies jump. I have countless platys outside for yrs and not one ever jumped.

NY has great pet stores for fish, esp long island

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Hey pat, I'd suggest googling south American or amazon species of fish that would suit the same acidic (lower ph) parameters of your tank to see which other species might peak your interests.

I'm also a huge fan of platies but haven't kept them for ages. Looking to get a pair in the near future.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Black adam. I removed the lid so no lid.
Calvin Im going to do just that. I think it will be a better fit this time because I will choose fish that dont grow as larg as angels but Im def going to use the chart.
Thanks evilgrin honestly I have thos in the back of my mind just not sure a 40 gallon tank is big enough.
Thanks acitydweller will check them out right now

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay Im more confused than ever lol.
Calvin I used your link and the rainbows would work out fine in my tank but they are jumpers and I dont have a lid. The rams would also work out but they tend to be difficult and after the whole angel thing Im not sure Im up for difficult

1 - 15 of 15 Posts