The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Oooooooo myyyyyy goddddddd!!!

Most of the images don't work for me, but if I click on the individual links it works, but just by seeing a few pics, THAT PLACE IS AWESOME! I have to go there someday. That is my dream come true. A street full of fish stuff. Beautiful. LOL

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
btw nice avatar SilentSamurai. I love Iron Chef! I saw it as a little kid and would always say "Red geezer!" I'm referring to the french chef :-D.

This guy is also Light's father in Death Note the movie, for those DN fans!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm going to Hong Kong this summer and I will go there to get cheap stuff!!! Even the name of the street is Fish Street. Also there is a new place built underground which also sell fish and stuff and it iis quite big. Last time I went there it was still under construction but still starting to sell things. This thread made me even more excited to go back to hong kong.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That is freaking incredible . . . I feel damn proud of being Chinese right now . . . this is definitely a genius allocation of resources . . .

Much more genius than using the Iron Chef guy as Yagami-san. He has no mustache, and Yagami-san would never wear anything . . . like . . . that . . . Wasn't so proud of being Japanese when I saw the first Death Note movie in Tokyo and seeing how corny it was . . . They did an amazing job re-creating L though . . . "Sa, hayaku, kuro****emite . . . do****a, dekinaino?" :)

btw I loved Iron Chef too, and sorry for the continued thread hijacking! :D

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Man I can't wait until I go to Hong Kong this April! Im taking my family and staying for 6 days. I've been to Hong Kong 10 times and I guess I missed this street everytime. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, I wish i was Chinese; having a huge street filled with small fish shoppes. I wonder if my dad has to go to Hong Kong for business anytime soon :). Theres something else to add to my agenda, beside hopefully going to Brazil during college. Thanks for sharing, as soon as i saw the first couple of pictures i had a big grin on my face lol. Its hard not to with all them fish stores.

·
Registered
66 Posts
holy crap... i've heard of these "specialty" streets in hk, but man... i never thought of it in this magnitude, haha. wish there was something like this is canada man... life would be sooo good, haha. gotta visit hk when i graduate. and i darn agree with u steven_chong, proud to be chinese, haha!

·
Registered
890 Posts
To be very honest that would totally take the enjoyment out of purchasing fish or plants. Fish hanging in bags... so many stores you almost can't get to know anyone personally like you can with a LFS... completely unable to know which store sells reputable fish and which one sells garbage...

It kind of reminds of going to walmart and times square at the same time. too dehumanizing to enjoy nature.

Sorry didn't mean to be a wet towel but I had to be honest...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he.. :) cool, thread i start got 5 stars. :) there's something similar in our country but it's smaller and in the capital city. :) ill take pictures when i do get there. they sell mostly marines though

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Cool. Another pinoy on the boards. :)

A whole street full of pet shops is cool. The only thing I don't like is the way some of them display their fish. Looks like there's a shop that bags each fish individually and puts it out on display, as if they were selling bags of chips. I don't know how long the fish would last without food, water changes, and having not enough O2.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Guys there was another thread awhile back on this. Its just how they do it I guess. I Read that each night they're taken out and put back into holding tanks and rebagged or every other night or something... Now I wouldn't exactly like to be one of those fish but the competition on that street is very high!

-Andrew

To be very honest that would totally take the enjoyment out of purchasing fish or plants. Fish hanging in bags... so many stores you almost can't get to know anyone personally like you can with a LFS... completely unable to know which store sells reputable fish and which one sells garbage...

It kind of reminds of going to walmart and times square at the same time. too dehumanizing to enjoy nature.

Sorry didn't mean to be a wet towel but I had to be honest...
Cool. Another pinoy on the boards. :)

A whole street full of pet shops is cool. The only thing I don't like is the way some of them display their fish. Looks like there's a shop that bags each fish individually and puts it out on display, as if they were selling bags of chips. I don't know how long the fish would last without food, water changes, and having not enough O2.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts