The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting close to working on my 120 planted tank and wanted to get everybodys idea on my stocking plans. I already plan on Jungle Val, Swords and Narrow Leaf Chain Swords and I have a couple nice size pieces of DW. I was planning on 10-12 Jullii Cories, 10-12 Ottos, 12 Bleeding Heart Tetras, 4-5 Platinum Angels and 4-5 DD Black angels so does this sound over crowded to anyone???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Angels are territorial in pairs and I think you'll have to sell some of them when they pair up. My tank is 4 feet wide and is big enough for 2 pairs of angels. I'm guessing yours is closer to 6 feet and would support 3 or possibly 4 pairs.

I put 9 otos in my planted 75 and hardly see them. They're always back in the plants and have been a disappointment.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been raising angels off and on for 35 years so I do understand they can get an attitude :D. I like the ottos because I believe there is less chance of them doing damage to the plants. I am open to other ideas so keep them coming and what do you think of my other choices oh and my tank is 48x24x24.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So does anybody have any other thoughts or suggestions????????

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think that would be overstocked at all, especially if you end up with 4 or 6 adult angels. I'd add half a dozen Bolivian or German Rams for added interest along the bottom of the aquarium, maybe push the tetra count to 15 or 18, and add a couple Bristlenose Plecos (they don't get too big or hurt the plants). Of course you'll want to add the fish gradually so the filtration can adjust to the load and to make sure you don't overpopulate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.