The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if this would be a good stock for a 20 gallon long planted tank. Tank was set up 3 weeks ago and is cycled (with help from my other tank). I plan on adding 5 panda cory, 8 rummy nose tetra, 1 honey gourami, 1 clown pleco, 4 khuli loach, and a small colony of RCS. I have an aquaclear 50 for heavy duty filtering. Was wondering if this would be a good stock or too much for my 20 gallon long. I'm open to suggestions for new interesting fish. Also, is this too many bottom feeders? I have attached a picture of the layout of my tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I would add a few pandas. I hate plecos, they eat more plants than they are worth.
Even the small one I got recently killed 2 swords by sucking holes in the stems before the leaves.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Was wondering if this would be a good stock for a 20 gallon long planted tank. Tank was set up 3 weeks ago and is cycled (with help from my other tank). I plan on adding 5 panda cory, 8 rummy nose tetra, 1 honey gourami, 1 clown pleco, 4 khuli loach, and a small colony of RCS. I have an aquaclear 50 for heavy duty filtering. Was wondering if this would be a good stock or too much for my 20 gallon long. I'm open to suggestions for new interesting fish. Also, is this too many bottom feeders? I have attached a picture of the layout of my tank.
I would up it to 6 Cory, 5 kuhlis and getting rid of the pleco as they are too big for a 20 and destroy plants.IME. I have a 20 long cycling right now and plan on doing about the same exact stock except I'm doing a pair of gbr instead of a honey gourami. And probably 5 ottos.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Um i dont think keeping cherry shrimps with gouramis are a good idea man, as for GBRs. And also, Clown Pleco is not a big species(like 8cm) and not a typical plant destroyer, but if you dont want to risk it, thats fine. And Jsack, upping the number of shoals for those bottom dwellers are a good idea :). And also, rummynose tetras might be a risk with RCS. If you want to risk it, provide a lot of cover with plants and driftwood, but also remember to cover lots of substrate space for loaches and cories.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Honey gourami would probably be fine with the shrimp. I kept shrimp with a thick lipped gourami before which get much bigger than honeys and I saw shrimp literally swim and crash right in the gourami's face without an attempt to eat it. They might go after babies though.

I'd skip the pleco and either get more of each bottom feeder or pick either the pandas or kuhli's and then add 2-3 more honeys since they do better in groups than solo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.