The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to be in Williamsburg for a week starting March 2nd. We were wanting to go to some good pet stores that has a good plant selection... wouldn't mind giong all the way to VA Beach. I got two store names off another post.... Animal Jungle and Care A Lot Pets. Does Care A Lot Pets have fish/plants... or is just a good pet store? If you have any suggestions... I would appreciate the address as well so that I can map it out before we leave. The address for the two stores mentioned above would be of great help as well!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well...being a caregiver to numerous fishfor thepast 20 years I will give you my opinion!!!

Animal Jungle in VA beach is it!!! I have a good friend that owns allofthe "Pet Worlds" in the area. He carries minimal plants.

I live 45 minutes away from Animal Jungle and will ALWAYS make the drive to go there.

Good luck and have fun.

Gordon

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! We're looking very forward to going there! I think we're gonna go there the day (march 8th) before we leave so if we find some plants we want we can bring them home with us. Can't wait! Thanks again!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Don't expect any rare plants. They definitely have a fair number of plants, tough. It's also cool seeing their shark pond and the freshwater rays.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Care-A-Lot has some "ok" plants. Also the Petworld in Hampton has had some pretty decent plants, I think they may have been oddities thrown in with an order. :) Too bad Tonya's shut down, they usually had pretty cool plants.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Animal Jungle rocks with a huge fish selection and the best prices around, and Care a Lot has great prices (I get good deals on plants there). Fish Safari in Va Beach has a great selection too, but the merchandise and fish prices are higher than Animal Jungle and Care A Lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts