The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started today at Fish Planet and overall it was great. But the algae in the plant tanks was so overwhelming. There was:

Hair
Staghorn
Diatoms
Blue Green
Green Spot

I cleaned as much as I could out of these tanks. I am kinda figuring that there is an imbalance of Light, CO2, and Ferts. I had never seen so many tanks like this, 8 in all. I work Wednesday too and I am going to be doing a deep cleaning in the tanks before they open. It was a PITA to pick out all the pieces of Blue Green Algae. It was forming a carpet over the Flora Base. I wonder if I should tell Juanita about using CO2 on the tanks and possibly diffuse it into the sumps. Anyway I still have to clean the fish tanks out of diatoms and other algae. I als othink the Photoperiod is too long.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
What my LFS does is a big(like 90+) tank with the whole setup(light,co2,ferts) and sells good plants out of it, then they have a few others for low lights.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
James, you ought to have me come in and give the owner some advice.

If he wants to do well in this market and compete against Petsmart/Petco/Ocean, Capitol, etc, he will need to do well with marine and FW planted tanks as well, not just marine only.

Mention it.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James, you ought to have me come in and give the owner some advice.

If he wants to do well in this market and compete against Petsmart/Petco/Ocean, Capitol, etc, he will need to do well with marine and FW planted tanks as well, not just marine only.

Mention it.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Yeah Im working wednesday so thats when I'll mention it. Im going to give them this forum and your forum. Im the only Plat Person there so I am trying to get them on the right foot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.