The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone link me to any web pages where I can find decent and detailed information on fish nutrition?most of the information on the web is seriously biased..

·
Registered
563 Posts
Im not 100% sure on this, but i dont think you will find much if anything for aquarium fish, atleast as far as scientific nutrition articles go. Most of that type of info is going to be tied into aquaculture for food and sport species. So i dont know, maybe changing your search terms to include words like aquaculture or finfish might help. Hope that helps...

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Appropriate nutrition is going to be very differernt depending on what species of fish you're referring to. For example, many Loricarids require wood in their diet (most Ancistrus, such as Clown plecos), while others are primarily protein eaters (such as Zebra plecos).

Start with a particular species if possible, or at least a genus, and gather info that way. Dietary studies are being done more and more, and this information is slowly coming available in print. I get a lot of this information from TFH, personally, and their magazine is also available online (you do have to pay for a subscription to have access).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts