The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my rams is being very anti social, isn't eating and is breathing heavy. This has been going on since this morning. Last week, i had to dose my tank with maracyn two to treat what appeared to be fin rot on one of my angelfish.. The ram in question was doing fine last night but has been pretty distant all day.

I don't have a quarantine tank so it looks like i'd have to dose the whole tank again.

Fish symptoms:
breathing heavy, either hangs out at surface with mouth up at waterline or hiding, hasn't eaten or pooped, slight loss of color .. Fins are not clamping at all (last week they were clamped 24/7 while undergoing maracyn two treatment)

Any ideas?

Tank parameters:
ammonia - 0ppm
nitrIte - 0ppm
nitrAte - 20ppm
pH - 7
GH - 60ppm
KH - 80ppm

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
One of my rams is being very anti social, isn't eating and is breathing heavy. This has been going on since this morning. Last week, i had to dose my tank with maracyn two to treat what appeared to be fin rot on one of my angelfish.. The ram in question was doing fine last night but has been pretty distant all day.

I don't have a quarantine tank so it looks like i'd have to dose the whole tank again.

Fish symptoms:
breathing heavy, either hangs out at surface with mouth up at waterline or hiding, hasn't eaten or pooped, slight loss of color .. Fins are not clamping at all (last week they were clamped 24/7 while undergoing maracyn two treatment)

Any ideas?

Tank parameters:
ammonia - 0ppm
nitrIte - 0ppm
nitrAte - 20ppm
pH - 7
GH - 60ppm
KH - 80ppm
Do a huge water change to see if that helps..

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do a huge water change to see if that helps..
exactly what i was thinking. rams like extreamly clean water and are pretty finicky. i keep bolivians and germans(in seperate tanks) and if they start acting funny i just do a large water change, at least 50%, and then daily 25% wc for about a week. that always fixes issues if they arise. its labor intesive but it works. clean water is the best remedy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.