The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a new algae scraper two days ago and I noticed when I was done that there was a few little piece of white thin plastic that had fallen off ( I threw out the scraper) ...but now today I noticed that somehow I must have missed one piece and my largest black skirt tetra has tried to eat it and I think that it is stuck in his stomach and coming out of his mouth. I'm hoping that he can get it out on his own....

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went to a fish hatchery once and they put fish in anesthetic to snip a fin for marking....is this possible to do with tropical fish?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Worse comes to worse. Net the fish and try to gently pull it out. If you succeed great if not, he's a gonna anyway. Sorry .........

Had a fish once that tried to swallow a big piece of food or something that got lodged in his mouth. Had to net him after watching him struggle with it for 24 hrs and popped it out of his mouth.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crisis solved - took your advice, and as I was netting him out the hooked end of the plastic hooked on the net and as he spazzed to get outta there he pulled it out himself. phew!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts