The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fish in lily pipe outflow

2587 2
I have a Mr. Aqua 13g bowfront that I just recently set up (pics not uploaded yet, it's awesome though :icon_mrgr) with a ZooMed 511 canister filter and a FleaBay glass lily pipe outflow. Tank was set up with an established filter and plenty of plants from an established system, and the water tests accordingly (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, nitrate within EI parameters).

The other night, I heard a loud splashing noise, which got me out of bed and worried, and I couldn't figure out what was going on, but finding no leaks, I went back to sleep. After some observation the next day, I figured out that occasionally one of my harlequin rasboras will swim into the outflow and splash around before being ejected back out. They seem to do it intentionally, swimming toward it and then coming back around and trying again if they don't make it inside the glass.

A day later, I noticed a decrease in numbers of the rasboras and found two jumpers behind the tank stand. Related?

Just wondering if anyone with lily pipes has seen fish trying to swim inside them, or if it's indicative of any kind of problem. In the last few days there haven't been any jumpers and I'd like to keep it that way.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.