The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i started the hobby a few years back, i bought some rasbora maculata, but i didnt know much about fish at all. There where some sort of different fish in there, now i know a bit more about the hobby and i recently caught these fish and put em in a seperate tank.. They are witouth doubt the smallest mature fish i have ever owned. They barely are half the size of a mature red cherry shrimp or 1cm.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boraras urophthalmoides?
I'll go in a similar direction as Mr. Limpet. How about Boraras Micros. 1.3 cm long.

Boraras urophthalmoides has a maximum size of 4cm, although it really looks a lot like my fish, they are definately a lot smaller. Boraras Micros size seems about right, but the pattern seems different, they seem to have dots on the internet, my fish definately have a black line.

I think its Boraras urophthalmoides after all, except for maximum size i cant find any differences. Those fish are pretty rare here xD. I've never seen them sold again after that one time, and i have browsed aquarium shops all over the country

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.