The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea kind of. I would like to see if they can make it in the tank, or with a hang in breeder net only. I don't want to put them into an own tank, I have no space or the time. I was going to see if I can simply keep them in their own little corner, which is bordered by riccia, duckweed and high plants, so they have plenty hiding spaces. Also the male is still around, will he eat his fry?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Are the fry free-swimming now?

At the point they're free swimming, I'd put them in their own rearing tank (with an established filter and water from the main tank) and start feeding them starter foods.

I'd also put in some moss or plants to hide in and attract infusoria for them to feed on.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea they are free swimming in the riccia. Some are still immobile, so they probably need one more day. Hmm rearing tank will not work for lack of space. will hikari first bites work as food?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but if the eggs hatch, how do you catch the fry? Are they big enough that they dont fit through the netting?
Turkey baster works great for catching fry :) I don't use nets until they grow a bit at least a month then I use brine shrimp net but they can be a little deep so I adjust the net ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.