The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE - Many of the fish have been sold.

This is for local pickup only. I've never shipped fish and don't intend to start now with larger fish. Here's what's available:

- 1 Adult Upside Down Black Catfish (Mystus leucophasis) - (10”) - $20 Now $5

- 2 Nicaraguan Cichlids (5”) – I believe both are males - $10 each Now $5 each

- 1 Female Kribensis - $5

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Nice fish.

Favorite Cichlid?

I've been really needing to downsize too. Had 18 tanks up and running, and somehow within a months time I managed to gradually drop down to only 4 tanks as of right now. Trying to get that down to just one or two main display tanks within a couple weeks. Pretty much would have just dropped the hobby (just a whole lot of things going on in life and I'm not getting around to enjoy and take care of the tanks as I used to), but since I have all this money in plants now (and co2 systems and lighting, etc), I will stay in the hobby with one or two fair sized tanks. Hoping to recuperate some of the thousands of dollars I've spent on the hobby by growing and selling some plants.

Where my tanks are now, they are kind of far away to enjoy the view of the little community fish, so I'm pretty much wanting to rehome all the fish and start over with medium-large sized fish to enjoy better from afar. Practically stopping and restarting at the same time haha, going from tons of fish down to zero then stock new fish right away (was planning a nice group of Pinoy/Philippine Angelfish, but hope they will be good with the plants).

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Nice fish.

Favorite Cichlid?

I've been really needing to downsize too. Had 18 tanks up and running, and somehow within a months time I managed to gradually drop down to only 4 tanks as of right now. Trying to get that down to just one or two main display tanks within a couple weeks. Pretty much would have just dropped the hobby (just a whole lot of things going on in life and I'm not getting around to enjoy and take care of the tanks as I used to), but since I have all this money in plants now (and co2 systems and lighting, etc), I will stay in the hobby with one or two fair sized tanks. Hoping to recuperate some of the thousands of dollars I've spent on the hobby by growing and selling some plants.

Where my tanks are now, they are kind of far away to enjoy the view of the little community fish, so I'm pretty much wanting to rehome all the fish and start over with medium-large sized fish to enjoy better from afar. Practically stopping and restarting at the same time haha, going from tons of fish down to zero then stock new fish right away (was planning a nice group of Pinoy/Philippine Angelfish, but hope they will be good with the plants).
Most angels are great with plants, and actually thrive with a moderate-to-heavily planted tank with some swimming space in the front. A friend of mine keeps Pinoys and has gorgeous plants!

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I was just struck by how large adult angels can get when I saw some at a nearby LFS on Monday.
The 3 of them made a 60 gallon tank look cramped. Mine leave the plants alone, except elodea gets eaten to the cob.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Nice fish.

Favorite Cichlid?

Angelfish are about 98% plant-friendly. Softer stems will get nibbled like hygros and rotala but won't cause devastation, especially if you feed on the heavy side. And a spawning pair can inflict a little damage on the single amazon sword leaf they pick out.

Interestingly, when they get to just under Pea-size they'll kill off any duckweed you may have in the tank. They munch off the roots and the plantlets die off....quickly.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE - First the bad news: unfortunately, I had a (small?) heart attack over the weekend. Two stents and three days later I'm home recuperating. However, I think I need to expand my downsizing plans. Many of the fish above are still available and there will be more to come in the future. At this point I'm not sure exactly what "more to come" will mean, but look for more fish, plants, magazines, aquariums and some miscellaneous equipment. I'll post an update in the next week or two.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The two Nicaraguan Cichlids and the Black Upside Down Catfish are now just $5 each!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.