The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started off with guppies in my 29g cube but I got bored of them. It is heavily planted with plants reaching from sand up to the water and some growing a few inches out of the water. The problem is that the tank does get dirty when I neglect it and forget to do water changes.

I want some easy-to-keep, low-maintenance fish. Piranhas would be awesome but they're illegal here... I like arowanas but they get too big for my 29g. Even something as simple as tetras would be okay (as a last resort) but I'm not very familiar with freshwater fish.

Maybe I could make a community? Any suggestions for good community fish? I like cory catfish because they're tiny and cute. Maybe some bumblebee gobies. IDK... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
For a 29, I would suggest either a school of around 15 tetra (Neon, cardinal, pristela, Serpae, Rummynose,...... alot of choices) or a school of dwarf rainbow (Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish,Celebes Rainbowfish,Threadfin Rainbowfish,Forktail Blue-eye,.....) and then for the bottom, a school of cory catfish of your choice.

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
There are some cool tetras, and a South American themed community would be pretty cool in my opinion.

You can do your main schooler like rummynose, pristella, black neon, cardinal, bloodfin tetra ect. Pencilfish are also pretty cool like beckford's or coral reds. Then a school of cories to roam the bottom of the tank. Cories can get big, but you can do a nice big school of corydoras habrosus aka salt and pepper cories. Then finally, you can get a beautiful pair of GBR german blue rams fo the centerpeice. That would be killer south american set up.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Dwarf cories don't get big....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.