The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock my tank for me.

Water is hard-ish, sand substrate, aquaclear 90 with biomedia and filter floss. Plants are java fern, bolbitis, moss, and some floating salvinia.

Can't be too fussy.

Suggestions, go!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think the first question should be what kind of fish you like? Personally I like schooling fish, but not everyone does.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bristlenose plecos =] and a pair of flag cichlids
Not much of a fan of either of those, actually.

I think the first question should be what kind of fish you like? Personally I like schooling fish, but not everyone does.
Pretty much everything, except for above.

CPD or some type of schooling fish...Do eet.
Maybe CPDs, they're nice but I don't think they're for me. The tank is also next to the TV so I think I need slightly larger fish to compete, so to speak.

I'd consider one of the endangered livebearer species. Something like a Goodied.
I've never heard of those, they look interesting.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It seems cichlids may be happy in your tank. However, most of them are big, aggressive and hard to keep in a low tech tank. Often water changes wil be needed. Make water soft and keep gouramies and tetras. Then, you can go low tech. You can keep a great diversity of beautiful aquatic plants with them.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I think a colony of livebearers would be nice. There are a lot of wild type ones that are pretty neat.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think a colony of livebearers would be nice. There are a lot of wild type ones that are pretty neat.
I was considering a livebearer but the thing is I don't really want to deal with the whole live bearing part. I want to keep the bioload really low. :icon_conf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.