The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have 3 dwarf puffers , one was very dominant and constantly picked on my subservient male. I was told buying another would help spread the aggression. Sadly a few weeks later due to unrelated issues the 2 out of the original 3 puffers died leaving my new half the size puffer and my dominant ( i think male ) puffer.
My male is over double the size of my baby ; who im not sure the sex of , the baby doesnt really eat at all all tough she clearly wants to she sits in the corner watching the food fall , if she goes near it he will chase her away.
Is there anything i can do to stop this?Currently there in a 4 gallon quarantine because their tanks broken so a new tanks comming in a few days - 1 week but these problems have been going for months. There tank will also be 14 gallons between the 2 of them.
Should i be worried and what should i do?:(

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
In this case, I would look at building a divider. I like a plastic mesh sold for weaving projects here in the US. I find it much better than the ready made dividers sold as they often don't work very well. A small box might also serve for a temporary fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.