The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I should put this in this section or the fish section....

I just started EI dosing for now I'm doing

Excel daily
and low light dosages of GH booster, KNO3, and Monopotassium phosphate, with Flourish Comp (using till I run out then switch to Plantex CSM+B)

On to my question I read that you can dose straight to the tank, but I noticed my fish eat the GH booster. Is this a problem??

The other ferts dissipate much quicker and are less noticeable to the fish.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think I remember reading somewhere that someone's fish died after eating KNO3. I think all the other ferts are harmless. Just out of curiosity, why are you switching to CSM+B. Flourish comprehensive is very good...although a little more expensive.

http://www.gpodio.com/fert_table.asp

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Just keep a cup underneath your tank with whatever measuring spoon you use. Every day I just scoop out my allotted measurements, tip the cup in the tank to add water, then I stir it around and dump that in. By the next day the spoon is dry and ready to be used again. This works perfectly except my KH2SO4 doesn't dissolve completely (EVER) and the fish tend to nibble at is as it falls to the bottom.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I think I remember reading somewhere that someone's fish died after eating KNO3. I think all the other ferts are harmless. Just out of curiosity, why are you switching to CSM+B. Flourish comprehensive is very good...although a little more expensive.

http://www.gpodio.com/fert_table.asp
Really? I imagine KH2PO4 to be more toxic than kno3. Interesting. I use liquid dosing except for calcium but that's as harmless as the lime scale on your tank so I can't be of much help. I'll say this much: for the brief period I did solid dosing my fish were okay with eating my ferts.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Really? I imagine KH2PO4 to be more toxic than kno3. Interesting.
I'm not sure...just something I remember reading. I've dosed KNO3, KCL, NaH2PO4, MgSO4·7H2O and never had any problems or deaths....so it's probably not a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.