The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Could be egg bound. Is there another Angel in the tank (male or female?). If not, then she won't get the encouragement she needs to lay the eggs.

Could be constipation. Has she eaten in a while?
You could put her in a hospital tank with some Epsom salt.
Start with the tank water she is in, and test the GH. Then add enough Epsom salt to raise the GH about 2-3 degrees.

Could be parasites, but this usually comes on more slowly. Try the Epsom salt first, and if that does not work then you could add worming medicine while she is still in the hospital tank.
If it works, I would treat the main tank, too. If one fish has parasites, the others have all been exposed to them, and it is easier to treat when the problem is small.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll treat for constipation but I don't think it's likely because I haven't fed her for a while but ill still do it just in case.

I'll look more into treating parasites. I did see something white/clear come out.

It could also be eggs since I have two angelfish. But does it change colours before it lays eggs?
It used to have black stripes but now, half of it is black and the rest is still striped.

Is this normal behavior or no?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.