3 glowlite tetras
2 angelfish
3 cory cats
2 honey gourami
2 otto
4 black skirt tetras
2 german gold ram
1 clown loach

now i know the loach will eventually out grow my tank and i have a buddy with a 300 gallon tank that would love to take any fish i dont want or out grows my tank.

the tank is fully planted, pressurized co2, no name canister filter rated for a 60 gallon, 24watt x 2 T5HO, eco-complete, ferts daily. i do water changes weekly (5-10 gallons)

now the question is do i have to many fish?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if i stepped my game up

do more frequent water changes or do a larger water change weekly?

maybe donate the black skirt tetras and the gouramis to a friend or store?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Id like to keep the tetras, rams, ottos and angels. The only reason I'd like to keep the ottos is cuz they clean my tank well. If there are any fish that do work on a tank like the ottos do then I'll get rid of the ottos along with the other fish.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I suppose having "too many" fish is always subjective. I can say that I wouldn't get that many fish in a 29 gallon for no other reason than having to clean and do water changes more often. I have a ten gallon where I breed BNP and there is about 50 or so of them at varying ages along with the parents and I do water changes on that tank about every two or three days (30-50%). I see no reason to not keep a couple ottos. I have 5 total in three tanks, a couple pairs and a single. I just move them around throughout all my tanks as I see necessary.

Your last post seems like a realistic goal. Although if you have breeding pairs of GGR and angels you will run into territorial issues when breeding occurs. Overall, just get a good scape set up so the water is broken up into many sections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.