The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Serpa tetra if I remember correctly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yeah that's what I thought too. But from what I learn online seems like serpa tetra are a little "fatter"? I mean the distance from topfin to his bottom. And this fish seems to be thinner. Is it because the fish is not fully grown?

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Catch the fish and take a picture of the fish in a smaller container so you can get closer.
One way to do this is to trap the fish against the side of the tank, for example in a net or a cup. Not squishing the fish, of course, just keeping him from swimming away.
Take lots of pictures, then sort through them. You want a picture of the side of the fish, and as close as you can get.

The fish in these pics might be dwarf Rasboras, too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took a close picture of the fish. Is there a way to upload a pic without being downsized?

Catch the fish and take a picture of the fish in a smaller container so you can get closer.
One way to do this is to trap the fish against the side of the tank, for example in a net or a cup. Not squishing the fish, of course, just keeping him from swimming away.
Take lots of pictures, then sort through them. You want a picture of the side of the fish, and as close as you can get.

The fish in these pics might be dwarf Rasboras, too.
Yeah sorry for the unclear pic. I took some close up pics. I looked up for dwarf rabbits. Could be both really hard to tell.

I personally think it's a serpae tetra. Because it has some "long fin" behind his bottom fin. That's the difference I think

Attachments

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I don't work with that fish and so there is a lot I may miss but I do have a thought.
Is the crooked spine, normal? If not and that is a defect, there are often other problems with defective fish and as they grow it becomes more obvious as they often do not develop and grow as well as they should.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.