The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the last few days I’ve noticed my fish are now at the top of the water, originally I assumed gasping for oxygen so I lowered the CO2 which I did in fact raise slightly a few days before, it’s been 2 days now with less than what was on before and they’re still periodically doing it, any other reasons for this?

I was maybe thinking getting an in-line CO2 diffuser and then maybe use the current in-tank diffuser to blast oxygen through when the lights are off possibly?

Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
Check the water parameters.. also would be good to know what kind of fish they are, what else is in the tank, etc..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the water parameters.. also would be good to know what kind of fish they are, what else is in the tank, etc..

Water parameters are all okay, checked them straight away.

Livestock:

6 x Yellow Minnows
4 x Ember Tetras
2 x Bumblebee Goby
2 x Kuhli Loaches
2 x Diamond Tetras
? x Red Cherry Shrimp (no more than 6 I reckon)

The Goby & Kuhli loaches aren’t acting different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't use CO2, but I thought I read somewhere to not run it when the lights are off? Not sure if that's your situation.
All the fish but the goby and the loaches? I'm betting there's more than a few people on here that have had this happen.
Hoping they'll add their experience on this...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.