The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 2 SAE and one red ruby barb die. And 5 snails. All was due to floating plants chocked out the o2 at the top of my tank. As soon as I reoved the floating plants the next day all my corys are black ruby barbs went back to normal and all is great again. My tank was small 29 gl hex tank. and no o2 pump just co2 injection DYI. Now just need to get some more ramshorn snails again. Thanks Richard

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had just did a big cut back to before all this happend. I do not know but 3/4 of the top of the tank had plants and the water from the filter was coming in over the floaters. When I took them all out it all got better? I have no water test tools so have no idea about water quility.

·
Registered
234 Posts
hold it. water from the filter falls onto the flotters? this right here my friend creates enough oxygen to keep fish alive. 3/4 of the surface was coverd? so if you had surface breathers they had room enough to breath. i dont suspect this was the case of flotting plants killing fish . i used to and i have a friend that has a whole surface cover , no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.