The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get all the air out of the reactor? It’s very loud, and there are a lot of bubbles.

Does this just work it’s way out slowly? Or do I have to do something to get it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It's normal after installation. Reactors work because gas rises in water and can't escape the housing except through turbulence-induced dissolution into the water. That's working against you at setup when you have a lot of air in there. It will go away as the air is absorbed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's normal after installation. Reactors work because gas rises in water and can't escape the housing except through turbulence-induced dissolution into the water. That's working against you at setup when you have a lot of air in there. It will go away as the air is absorbed.
Ok good to know... any idea how long this usually takes? We talking a few hours or a few days?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ok good to know... any idea how long this usually takes? We talking a few hours or a few days?

depends on your flow and how much air is trapped in there, but hours not days. I'd be surprised if it didn't clear out overnight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.