The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Window Light Nature Leaf

I didn't even know you could journal here, Super nice. Anyway I just recaped my 65 last night and I am pleased with it. I had 9 glass catfish in it and one chocolate gourami. I have 4 glass cats left. epic fail, I don't think glass is for me. So I decided to sell off the 4 to someone who was looking for some. They will die if I keep them with only 4 anyway. I lost my favorite fish as well :( I had been looking for about a year for some more chocolates as they also do better in groups of 6.... I figure he just died of loneliness as I was able to keep him a year. I did find a supplier recently but they will not come cheap. I've decided to breed a couple of oddities and try to save up for them. I'm really pushing for this. This will be their home, and if they will not eat shrimp ill reserve some of my Black King Kong shrimp to add. It would be sharp looking in this lighting

·
Registered
14 Posts
The tank looks awesome! Great job! Would you be willing to try another type of gourami? With a 65 gallon aquarium you have plenty of options. You could also try a school of tetras, rasboras, or barbs. Angelfish or other cichlids would look great too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank looks awesome! Great job! Would you be willing to try another type of gourami? With a 65 gallon aquarium you have plenty of options. You could also try a school of tetras, rasboras, or barbs. Angelfish or other cichlids would look great too.
No I am pretty much sold out on this particular gourami as its rare in this region therefore more interesting to me, lol. I don't know if its my ADD but I've always had to be different and strive for originality
I had some chili rasboras in it but I didn't put a pre filter sponge on the filter intake and lost quite a few. Dumb mistake on my part. I've done angel fish and don't care much for them. I had a school of black neon tetras but I got rid of them because I started breeding the corys and I'm sure they were eating the eggs. I couldve put them in this tank but I was still trying to get the shy glass cats to come out so I was afraid they would bother them. They mowed through pretty much everything else in that tank haha. I've had a couple of cichlids ….. I just really want the Chocolates though
I should put a pre filter sponge on it though and re add the rest of my chilies or some nano fish to be with the Chocolates

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a great idea! I will try out the chocolate gourami in one of my tanks. Cherry Barbs are a very nice schooling fish that I have kept that only grow to about 2 inches, I would definely recommend them and they get along fine with one of my honey gouramis so I am sure that they would be fine in a 65 gallon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a great idea! I will try out the chocolate gourami in one of my tanks. Cherry Barbs are a very nice schooling fish that I have kept that only grow to about 2 inches, I would definely recommend them and they get along fine with one of my honey gouramis so I am sure that they would be fine in a 65 gallon.
Ive always kind of wanted to try cherry barbs, maybe ill look those up instead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts