The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals!
First time trying to design a planted tank.. I've got a couple rocks and a 3 gallon aquarium. How can I make this work?! I've got a couple Anubis nano I think and regular sized Anubis as well as some dwarf hair grass. Thanks!! -Heidi
Water Fluid Organism Pet supply Marine biology

Hardscape #1

Water Light Black Blue Fluid

Hardscape #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
My opinion: bigger anubis on the lower rock in the back right corner with the smaller anubis put into the cracks on the rock on the left. Then put the hair grass on the back left (behind the rock) and have it coming out into the foreground. What do you think?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My opinion: bigger anubis on the lower rock in the back right corner with the smaller anubis put into the cracks on the rock on the left. Then put the hair grass on the back left (behind the rock) and have it coming out into the foreground. What do you think?

I was thinking the same thing about the Anubis nana going in the cracks lol . Here's a quick sketch up I did in paint, looks good I think but something is missing? Plant Water Natural environment Purple Organism

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Alright so I scooted the larger rock up (should I move it more?) and put a small rock in front (is that one too small lol?). Awesome suggestions guys keep it coming! Also should I plant the dwarf hair grass before or after I add water? I'm trying to find another species of plant to go in the background as well, what would you guys recommend? It's a low light tank with no CO2 injections at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Water Organism Pet supply Fish supply Electric blue

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,first of all you need more stones to get a nice balance in your tank,the slope needs to be higher in the back and low in the front.

Place bigger stones in the back,smaller in the front,pointing in one direction for natural flow and go from there.

Hope that helps.

It looks a bit over crowded #1? World Automotive lighting Purple Gas Electric blue

More rocks #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Plant Water Organism Pet supply Aquatic plant

Vertebrate Purple Organism World Pet supply

#2 without plants

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you power clown for the suggestion! I liked it the best so I filled the tank with water . I cannot wait for the dwarf hair grass to arrive! Thanks again everyone!!! This forum is great Water Purple Fish supply Pet supply Organism

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.