The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Better that's approx. 2 years old he's having swim bladder issues and he hasn't improved in about a week. Now he hasn't eaten in the past 5 days. He normally lives in a 15 gal, planted with inverts and a pair of peacock gudgeon. 0 ammonia & nitrates, 15 nitrites. ph 7.8. temp is at 78.
I moved him to a 1 gal critter carrier w a small sponge, heater on 82, and some hornwort that he's been resting on. I've been doing small changes on my 15 gallon and then using the water from that to change his with hospital tank to keep things clean. I'm treating w/ aquarium salt as well. He doesn't look bloated, and there are no signs of dropsy. his back end is dragging badly. He refused to eat a pea, and I looked for daphnia but couldn't find any so I've been offering frozen baby brine instead.
He's was snacking pretty hard on the blood worms I give to my gudgeons so I'm thinking maybe he got a little fat, but he looks like he always has to me.
I love this fish like I love my cats, I really need some advice.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It looks like you've been taking great care of your betta, but 2 years is a respectable age for that species & your fish may just be reaching the end of its natural lifespan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts