The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20G Low-Tech, 10G Iwagumi, 7G Betta Biotope, 4G Snail/Daphnia Tank
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of a Fluval 7 series canister filter. The tubing, intake, and outtake are not the nicest and I'd like to replace them with something sleeker/easier to adjust. I know that you can buy glass lily pipes and such online, but how do I make sure that they are compatible with my filter? Do I need to buy special connectors or anything?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hi @peterlista

Welcome to TPT!

What you need to know is the outside diameter (OD) and inside diameter (ID) of the tubing for you filter to be able to purchase replacement tubing and intake and output glassware. Which of the Fluval 07 series filters do you have? 107, 207, 307, 407? The Fluval tubing is fine, it doesn't seem to kink or show detritus and algae like clear tubing does but it also doesn't allow for inline heaters, inline CO2 atomizers, or like you asked - glassware. -Roy

·
Registered
20G Low-Tech, 10G Iwagumi, 7G Betta Biotope, 4G Snail/Daphnia Tank
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which of the Fluval 07 series filters do you have? 107, 207, 307, 407?
I have the 107, though I will also be buying a 307 for another tank.

My main complaint with the hosing is that it doesn't want to curve around the rimless tank wall. Though, that may have more to do with the intake/output than the hose.

·
Premium Member
4 aquariums, all planted.
60 Posts
I like the Fluval 7 series and I have a 207, 307, and 407. I don't use the supplies hoses, etc., and I use the Eheim green hoses and steel lily pipes with in-line CO2 except with the 207.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.