The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I started my first tank almost two weeks ago. I've done a boat load of research and I am sure I still have a life time of learning to do.

In the past few days I have noticed this white stringy stuff growing on my Bucephalandra Green Wavy. It is the only place in the whole tank it exists. I tried waving it off with long gravel flattener I have but its stuck on there pretty good. I'm worried it is a fungus and I just spread it further in my tank. I was hoping someone could help me identify what it is.

I have a spreadsheet with probably too much info on it but I'm having fun tracking all of the stats during the cycling phase.
2020-09-11 12_48_25-Window.jpg

Picture of Day one and Day 10:

Tank Info:
Tank is 12 days old
I am fishless cycling with fluval flakes
Fulval Flex 15 gal (About 13 gallons of water) 40-50% water changes on Saturdays
Substrate Seachem Flourite Black Clay Gravel and Seachem Flourite Black Sand
Dosing Liquid Fert 2-3 times a week - All in One Liquid Fertizlier by UNS
5 root tabs in substrate
Dosed Seachem Flourish Advance and Stability for 7 days
Running CO2 but still trying to get the bpm dialed in

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
New tank will have these types of problems at the begging, do not worry.
Can try below options.
1) change water 3 times a week and then 2 time and then once a week.
2) clean it with a toothbrush.
3) add some shrimps and auto cat fish.
4) also can try h2o2 ( hydrogen paraoxide) spot treatment.

Hello! I started my first tank almost two weeks ago. I've done a boat load of research and I am sure I still have a life time of learning to do.

In the past few days I have noticed this white stringy stuff growing on my Bucephalandra Green Wavy. It is the only place in the whole tank it exists. I tried waving it off with long gravel flattener I have but its stuck on there pretty good. I'm worried it is a fungus and I just spread it further in my tank. I was hoping someone could help me identify what it is.

I have a spreadsheet with probably too much info on it but I'm having fun tracking all of the stats during the cycling phase.
View attachment 902849

Picture of Day one and Day 10:

Tank Info:
Tank is 12 days old
I am fishless cycling with fluval flakes
Fulval Flex 15 gal (About 13 gallons of water) 40-50% water changes on Saturdays
Substrate Seachem Flourite Black Clay Gravel and Seachem Flourite Black Sand
Dosing Liquid Fert 2-3 times a week - All in One Liquid Fertizlier by UNS
5 root tabs in substrate
Dosed Seachem Flourish Advance and Stability for 7 days
Running CO2 but still trying to get the bpm dialed in

1 - 2 of 2 Posts