The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first and foremost id like to thank all of you for your input, advice, and helpfulness. I am rather new to this forum but will certainly remain an active member for as long as i continue to have tanks.

So i stripped down my 55 gallon tank and now have a bare bones setup with assorted vas, crypts, swords, anacharis, and ludwigia all planted in pots with soil. I have 54 watts of T5 HO lighting, mainland penguin biowheel 350 filter, and no intentions of running CO2. I want to grow these plants as much and quickly as i can so that in 2-3 months when i move out and fully re-scape this tank i will have a lot of plants to start off with.

Do you guys have any suggestions as far as ways to fertilize or anything that would help these plants grow? Or even any ideas on other good plants to get? Suggestions? Ideas? Input? Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help you guys toss up.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Assorted vas, crypts, swords, anacharis, and ludwigia in pots with soil.
I have 54 watts of T5 HO lighting, mainland penguin biowheel 350 filter, and no intentions of running CO2.
Anacharis grows without ferts for it is a weed

Many have had good results with miracle grow organic topped with sand or 3ml gravel. My favorite sand is river sand which I got from Landscaper for $3

My favorite fert is Brighwell aquatics Florinmulti. With enriched soil I find only 5ml a week needed. Another alternative is CSM+B

For carbon cheapest is Cidex (@ 3.4%) post 31.
Solution should be 75% metricide/ 25% water. One quart is aprox $25 on Ebay.

For lighting questions google for graph by Hoppy

Glad to see another not injecting Co2. I think we are a minority.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.