I have a 10 G tank that has been up and running for a while.
(Fully planted, cycled and populated about 2 months now)
- Thin layer of gravel; covered with black petco sand.
- Anubias on my driftwood and rock, moneywort, Swords, Moss Balls (a wee bit obsessed with them :wink
, banana plants and some others that came in an assortment. identification of the plants would be appreciated!
- 10 Neon tetra, 7 Ghost Shrimp, 3 very small bronze cory (newest members of the tank less than a week ive had them, had 4 but one mysteriously disappeared over night last night, tore apart the tank searching for him, anyone got an idea about that, i googled it and many said they die and snails will bury them? creepy little undertakers if that is true, one of them was very lethargic and not as playful as the other three) & some snails that i hope to eventually weed out. (aqadvisor says im 117% stocked, but besides one cory going missing everyone seems happy.)
- Tetra Whisper 10-30i
- Two 13w CFLS @6500k (i think, ill have to double check with my BF bc he's the electrical guru) that are on a timer as of yesterday 9 am - 9 pm.
- stays roughly between 74-76 F with heater i have.
- api root tabs when first planted, and dose weekly with 5 ml leaf zone.
- around 7.4-7.6, those colors on the results sheet are too similar to each other lol
Every Sunday i do a 15-20% water change and clean the best i can without disrupting the environment too much and add my ferts.
Mainly i'm just looking for constructive criticism and helpful words of wisdom to help me get an idea of how i'm doing. I have some Algae growing on my filter spout, my anubias and some of my moneywort, tried rubbing it off, doesn't help much. has a gritty texture almost. it doesn't hinder the visual beauty of the tank in my opinion but i worry about a take over. :help:
I hope this is the right topic to post under, since it was general low tech area i just went for it :flick: