The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on starting a planted tank. I'm going to get an aqueon 65 gallon tank (36"w x 18"d x 24"t). For light I'm wanting a 36" planted plus 24/7. I will be using a sunsun 303b canister filter with a 200w hydor inline heater. Substrate will be black diamond blasting sand aprox 3" deep with root tabs. For plants I'm planning on Java fern, hornwort, Java moss, water wisteria, anubias, crypt wendtii, red rubinstein sword, and some vals. Fish will be corys, neon tetras, and dwarf gouramis.

I'm not wanting to get into any co2 and I would like to stay away from dosing excel. Does my plan sound ok or am I off?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Does that planted+ 24/7 have a dimmer on it? Amount of light is critical, and you don't always get the right light straight from the factory. If you use a fixture with a dimmer on it you don't have to change it's height to reduce the amount of light. I believe some people would call this "dialing in".

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paulie is correct. But I'd rather have a brighter light that can be dimmed than having to buy a second fixture. But I don't want to buy a light and not have enough in a 24" deep tank. I'm trying to stay on a budget

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.