The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum, been lurking as many others do for over a month before my build. Sadly I didn't have the means to record my building process as it went, but would be happy to share answers to any questions about my setup to anyone asking and do my best to explain :)

I bought a 20 gal at my LPS for a good deal - around 55 I think - came with led lights, hood, food, and 1/2 off on my next purchase!

I filled bottom with black sand substrate and built shelf in the back using rocks to support and plastic mesh as base for plants. On the shelf I have a shefflera? (Bad spelling) multiple spider plants, Kyoto grass, driftwood and moss. Along with some other aquatic plants that I have decided do experiment with their emergent forms.

Underwater I have dwarf baby tears and an unknown leafy plant. Maybe someone can identify? Along with some Moss balls.

Fauna I have 6 cories - 2 albino 4 green.
3 ghost shrimp
5 mystery snails

Just saw mystery snails doing some "procreation" and we will be on the lookout for an egg bunch soon!

Treating with seachem flourish weekly for optimal growth..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been running for 3 weeks now. Done a few partial water changes. I used plastic table ties to secure the underlayment to large stones underneath. They support the shelf - I wanted to set it up quickly and didn't want to wait for a bunch of messy silicone to cure !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.