The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am completely new to planted aquariums as well as aquariums in general. I am using natural gravel as a substrate. Fertilizer and carbon supplements are also being added to the tank.

How much time should elapse before I add fish? What can I do to help these plants grow? Is there anything wrong with the setup?

Also, I am clueless as to the identity of these plants. Any help with identification would be greatly appreciated!

The tank is 20 gallons. I am using an AquaClear Powerfilter 50 and a 10 watt bulb.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
not sure of the plants you are using but
Im assuming an incandescent 10W bulb....so i dont think you have enough light either

·
Registered
742 Posts
gravel is fine as long as you are dosing fertilizers (make sure you are dosing a complete fertilizer set-Macros and Micro nutrients)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
plants in the back look like some type of grassy sword. like a larger cousin to micro-sword.

Plants in the front of crypts I dunno what type though.

suggestion would be to separate the crypts into plantlets. I'd expect each bunch you have to actually be at least 3-4 plants.

If your tank uses screw in incandescent then I'd replace your bulb to a 23 watt screw in CFL in the 5000K-10000K range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts