The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my first planted tank! It is a 29 gallon tank with eco complete substrate. Running an Aquaticlife 2xT5HO fixture for 6 hours/day.

Plants:
cryptocoryne lutea
cryptocoryne ciliata
cryptocoryne spiralis
cryptocoryne wendtii 'brown'
pennywort
hornwort
water sprite
red tiger lotus
rotala wallichii
micro sword narrow leaf
aponogeton boivinianus
java fern
marimo balls
nesea red

7/1/11

first day planted

8/10/11

a little rescaping and some new plants. lots of growth!

Comments/suggestions welcome!

photos and videos here:
29 gallon newly planted

8/16/11Added some really nice nesea red yesterday! Will put up a pic later.

12/9/11Adding some new pics, going to do a rescape soon, which will include pulling out the nesea red and replacing with a different plant.

·
Registered
40 Posts
nice variety. i am kinda jealous that you have angels and neons. i was too afraid to buy angels for fear of a tetra buffet. oh but i do suggest removing your air stone/pump. it releases the co2 plants take in. besides plants make the oxygen your fish need.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice variety. i am kinda jealous that you have angels and neons. i was too afraid to buy angels for fear of a tetra buffet. oh but i do suggest removing your air stone/pump. it releases the co2 plants take in. besides plants make the oxygen your fish need.
thanks! the angels are still a bit small, and the tetras i adopted were full grown when i got them. as long as everyone is well fed, the angels leave them alone - no problems so far! we'll see if the neons need to move when the angels grow out more. i still have a 20L and a vintage 20gal metaframe tank to set up :icon_lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So simple, but mmm. Me gusta. :) Can't wait to see it grow in.

Also, is that a kuhli loach? I love the striped ones but I can hardly find them around here.
Thanks, it's growing like crazy!

Actually they are botia kubotai, I adopted three of them, they're hilarious little things. Really cute.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update as of 9/26/11:
Added some rotala yao yai and juncus repens from cardinaltetra, and trying to grow out some flame moss and fissidens I got from someone who works at my lfs. Also took some water sprite and bolbitus out for my new 20L shrimp tank!

Here are some new photos:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks 2in10! it's been a little neglected with school and work, but I dose some excel and flourish when I remember. thinking of doing some major rescaping if I can find some nice manzanita or rocks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
new photos! after a trim and some moving around of plants. rotala yao yai is taking off, crypts are looking great since I added some root tabs. added a bunch of plants from dempsey. this tank is still low tech, no co2, and only gets seachem flourish about once a week.
FTS:

Left Side:

Center:

Right Side:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.