The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after browsing the boards for about two weeks I just had to start on my own I wanted somthing not too expensive and fun to watch grow I really like foregroung cover so I willl be trying to start some of that I went with the fourite over the eco complete due to the problems posted on here I also have a DIY CO2 which stays at about 13-15ppm temps at 76.3 and really now spikes or problems yet I have two neons and a small cleaner water is crystal clear now after the cloud thank god I was wondering if it would ever clear but no more dust anyway I will keep this updated with more pics comments are wlcomed any plant ideas too ofor the foreground as well as the back I do have one plant so far not sure what it is though thanks again......
[URL=http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/mjgregory/01-26-07002.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/mjgregory/01-26-07001.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/mjgregory/01-21-07b.jpg][/URL]

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'd try marselia as a cover. and a little punctuation :hihi:

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
lol. How do you know your CO2 is at 13-19ppm? And what kind of lighting is that? We demand specs! =)

I'm actually setting up a tank for a guy in Beverly Hills. =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update 01-21-07

Thanks for the replys sorry about the grammer. My levels are in this order as of this morning Ammonia,PH,NItrate,Nitrite,KH,GH,CO2
0 , 7.0 , 0 , 0 , 5.0 , N/A , 15

as far as how I get my CO2 I just use the formula using your PH and KH and I compare to a chart I found on the boards here and thats the number I go with my DIY is good for about a week then I change.

My light is a standard 20 watt flor. 50/50 bulb it is only temp I have a 65 watt PC or a 70 watt MH with a low kelvin rated bulb.

A friend of mine gave me some Microsword today so I split it up and got it planted I dont know how it will do with the low light I dose with flourish twice a week so well see. Thanks again for the comments I will keep the pics updated as I progress.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
soon I added the first two before I added the flourite I was really surprised they survived the cloud but they are doing great I will add more soon I love a good school wish I had a larger tank for about 20. Your tank is also comming along james I looke at it earlier its also lookin good

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update 02-07-06

Well thought I would post some recent pics. Not much going on I added a good bit of Moneywort. I also added two more NEONS to make 4 total and a Gold Algea eater that does a great job very busy. Still looking for a MH bulb so I'm still using the Floro I guess that is why my Dwarf Hairgrass didn't make it. I added flourite IRON along with the flouite trace elements to my dosing regement . I have seen a great inprovement overall with the color and growth of my plants if anyone has anymore suggestions feel free to let me know. Well thats about it for know still looking for some small driftwood too all the LFS are out.. Thanks for the comments on my first posts.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts